Other Club events
- The Bribie and District Woodcrafters Exhibition will be held from 19 – 27 October 2019 at the Matthew Flinders Gallery, Bribie Island Community Arts Centre, 191 Sunderland Drive, Banksia Beach, Bribie, Qld. Over 600 pieces of Woodcraft and wood art will be on display and for sale for the entire week and will be featuring work by beginners through to master woodworkers. The displays of pyrography, small boxes and furniture are top drawer. There will also be escorted tours of the workshop and club premises. Entry by gold coin donation.
- Clarence Valley Woodworkers Assn Inc based at Grafton New South Wales. Our Club would like to place an entry in your event calendar showcasing the fact that we hold a craft display and sales of the club members work during the Jacaranda Festival held at the South Grafton Servicemens Club from Saturday 26 October 2019 until Sunday 3 November 2019. The entrance fee is $2.00 per person and a raffle is also held which raises money for the Westpac Helicopter Rescue. A flyer is attached.
- Goulburn Valley Woodworkers have rescheduled their annual woodworking show. It is normally held in March, but this year will be held at the Macintosh Pavilion, Shepparton Showgrounds, on 26 & 27 October, 2019
- The Canberra Timber, Tools and Artisan Show will be held at EPIC in Mitchell, ACT on 8 – 10 November 2019. Further details here.
- Forest Hill Woodturners are having an Open Day on Saturday 2 November, 2019, 9am to 4pm at the Warrawong Centre, 32 Richmond Street, Blackburn South. Free entry. Demonstrations, items for sale. Contact John Winzer, 0438 004 290 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Snowy River Woodturners Inc again will be hosting the 2019 Roundtooit at the Jindabyne Sport and Recreation Centre on Barry Way, from Friday 8 November to Sunday 10 November 2019. They invite you to join them, bring your ideas, a few lumps of wood, your lathe and tools, and your creative enthusiasm for a great weekend among your turning mates. Contact: Richard Nutt: email@example.com
- Eltham & District Woodworkers Annual Exhibition will be held on 9 – 10 November 2019 9.00am-5.00pm. The venue is Eltham Community Centre, Main Rd Eltham. Exhibition features an extensive range of Woodwork (most items are for sale) and demonstrations. There is also a hands on Woodworking program for children. Entry is free.
- Central Tablelands Woodcraft will be having their annual Woodcraft On Show (WOS) on the weekend of 15 – 16 November 2019. This event is held at the Royal Bathurst Showgrounds in conjunction with the Christmas Markets. The prize for Best in Show is $500. Entries are invited from other woodworking clubs and schools. The list of categories and prizes is attached. Entry forms can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
- On 16 – 17 November 2019, the Bundaberg Woodworkers Guild will hold their Wood and Craft Expo at the Main Pavilion, Bundaberg Precinct (Kendalls Rd entrance). There will be Displays, Demonstrations and Sales. This is the 30th year of the Wood and Craft Expo. Further details from Email: email@example.com
- Barwon Valley Woodwrights exhibition will be on the weekend of 16 & 17 of November 2019 from 10:00am til 4:00pm each day. It will be in the new location of the: Christ Church Hall Corner of Moorabool st and McKillop st, Geelong. There will be woodwork on display and for sale as well as demonstrations in turning, carving, pyrography, boxmaking, CNC cutting and toymaking for the kids. Refreshments will be in the form of a sausage sizzle and hot and cold drinks. Entry is $5.00 for adults and free for kids.
- The Peninsula Woodturners Guild presents woodturning in the McClelland Sculpture Park, McClelland Drive Langwarrin.
Thursday 21 November to Sunday 24 November 2019 10am – 4pm. Woodturned items will be on display and available for purchase. Demonstrations will be ongoing. Entry is free and there is ample free parking.
- Mackay Woodturners present Christmas in Snow Wright Ct, at our Clubhouse, Beaconsfield Rd, on weekend of 23 – 24 November. Demonstrations and sales of woodturning, scrollsawing, intarsia, pyrography and carving. Free entry. Further information from Ph 0457 424 149 or 0417 625 818
- Kiama Woodcraft Group Annual Woodcraft Expo will be held on 7 – 8 March, 2020, 9am – 4pm Saturday, 9am – 4pm Sunday
Free entry. Demonstrations and sales by members plus timber sales by All Class Timber Services Venue: Kiama Masonic Hall, Collins Street, Kiama NSW. Contact: David Bywater, Expo Coordinator, Mob: 0425 249 148
For turners interested in a great weekend of turning, and meeting up with other turners, here’s the latest list of Turnaround dates and locations around Australia. No experience necessary.
- November 1- 3 Proserpine – Lions Camp Kanga 2396 Crystalbrook Rd, Crystal Brook QLD 4800 Contact: David Drescher. firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 8 – 10 Jindabyne Roundtooit – Contact: Richard Nutt: email@example.com
- 28 – 29 February & 1 March 2020. Bowna Turnabout at Great Aussie Resort Bowna NSW (40 km north of Albury)
For registration forms or information firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Timber, Tools and Artisan Shows
BRISBANE: March – RNA Showgrounds
SYDNEY: June – Rosehill Gardens
MELBOURNE: August – Melbourne Showgrounds
CANBERRA: November – Thoroughbred Park